Saturday, May 5, 2007

Freshman Board 2

After bringing this idea to class I was in the right direction but I needed something else. There would many more ideas suggested like, using sound as well as writing. One suggestion was having students draw pictures of there favorite place or campus or their favorite thing to eat at commons or sage or BarH café. To get students to do this I was going to put out a large piece of paper with a question on it and have students draw their response. This did not work out very well. I put the paper in one of the buildings but when I went back an hour ago it was gone. Someone had torn it down. I think that this could work if on the back of the boards that would be all around campus I could put a large piece of paper on the back of it and have students draw there.

I also looked at the idea of using sound, but there are many disadvantages of using sound and realized that this would not be a good idea. Some disadvantages are that there would have to be something to hear the interview on. There are many things I could use like a walkman, but then people might try to take the walkman and then there would be no interview. Another problem would be storing the walkman, if I put it in something that would lock so no one could steal it then, you could not rewind it and then the idea of sound wouldn’t work.

After looking over my project as a whole from start to finish I really like what I came up with. I think that making these on campus would be inexpensive for the school and would allow more of an idea for interested students. This is also a very interesting project because the stories can change and this allows for change of how freshman are.







































Looking towards Quad d
ormitories.
























Looking towards Folsom Library.
























Looking towards Greene Building.



No comments: